The client is an application to play populous online with other people fast and easy. The only thing you have to do is register an account, install the client, and you can login already. Then you'll come into a chat lobby where you can create / join games. Off course this is just a tip of the iceberg since there are many more features like easy map installing, skins, ratings (leagues) and much more...
The resurrection client brings a whole new level of gameplay to Populous: The Beginning. This new client is stable, fast, and packed with new features that the old populous reincarnated client doesnt have. Among these new features is the ability to password protect a hut for organized games, tribe customization, and hosting capability checking.
To see what is changed throughout the versions, check the version history here!
New Points System
The point system will be different as well. From now on, your rank will be based on skill rather than on how long you've been playing on the client. Also, when you win from someone with a rank higher than you, you will receive more points than when you win from someone with a rank lower than you. That way, users will be encouraged to play people of their own skill.
Clans will get their own page where they can put information. Custom tags are one of the features we have, so you're not limited to basic tags anymore. A possibility of running your own clan server is being developed and clan management has never been easier than this! Read more about clans here!
- Huts have Password Protected option.
- 3D Map Preview
- Automatic Mappack Downloader
- Automatic Matchmaker Updater
- Easy Log In
- More Detailed Built-In Leagues (per game stats)
- Difference between warps and normal games
- Custom status (not limited to IRC status messages)
- User blocking
- Ping checker, to check what ping you will have in the game you join
- Function to choose whether you want software or hardware mode
- Custom skinning
- Tribe Color Customize
- Mappacks - New Levels
- Mods - New Levels, Colour changes, language changes, gameplay changes.
- Custom game settings
- User sign-in notifications